
"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for."
~Epicurus
Tomorrow i will spend the day burying a dream, surrounded by loving and supportive family and friends!
My life has been blessed in so many ways this past 9 months and i could not be any happier or any more thankful for these changes. Looking back now, i thought i would never survive. I couldn't comprehend what my day would be like tomorrow, let alone nine months down the road. Lord, thank you! Thank you for unanswered prayers and unexpected blessings. Thank you for the Gentry's, Crystal, My family, Lulliloo, Treez, K.Buck, Faith, Leah, Living Streams, Tom, Soma Bible, my new job, my new friends, Jeff... Lord the list goes on for days.
It is amazing how much the priorities in my life have been switched around since everything happened. I have discovered an amazing relationship with God and see all the changes in my life as blessings now. I actually have plans to be Baptised in a few weeks! Who saw that day coming?I originally planned to do it this weekend since it's the weekend i was supposed to marry Jeremy. I thought it would be the perfect fresh new start and a way to re-direct my life with God as the center focus. I will be entering into a covenant with a man that will stay faithful and protect me forever.
Unfortunately this weekend isn't going to work, but it will still be beautiful in a few weeks. I have a ton of family that bought plane tickets for the wedding and decided to come out to Phoenix anyways. So this Saturday i will be surrounded by supportive family and i couldn't ask for a better way to spend that day. My step-dads three sisters are in town with me as their soul purpose! I feel so extra special since this is only the second visit in 14 years for one of them!!!
What else is new?
New boyfriend! Yup! His name is Jeff. He is a designer and the lead singer in a band. He brings out the silly in me and it is so refreshing to be in a relationship based on the foundation of God and fun. We go to church together and i love it! My friend adore him and my family considers him already a member. They all love him and I couldn't be happier. We even have plans for me to meet his entire family this Christmas in MO. I am so excited!!! Well, and nervous!
Ironically, Jeff knows Jeremy. Jeff was a youth Pastor 5 years ago at Summit and that was the same time Jeremy was involved too. Weird. Imagine if someone went up to one of them 5 years ago and explained the next five years to them... Kinda Crazy. Jeremy, in five years Jeff will be dating your ex fiance. Jeff, you will really fall for her. haha
God has a funny way of bringing people into and out of our lives for seasons. All with reasons i may never know, but i am thankful! So very, incredibly thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment