2.12.2009

pick up lines

Dear Polite Stranger in line at Paradise Bakery,

Thank you so much for offering to buy me a drink while standing in line in the Metro Center food court yesterday. Although I was caught off guard by your offer, I was very flattered. Yesterday I was not feeling my prettiest and you sure brightened my day. I apologize, if by declining your offer you were at all shut down. A bit of advice for the future, it is a little strange to walk up to a girl in line in a food court and ask "Hello, may I buy you a drink?" If we were at a local bar this question might not have seemed so out of the ordinary. But when you did this yesterday my reactive laugh was not out of mockery, it was simply a laugh out of nervousness. I pictured me responding, "Umm, sure, and iced tea would be nice." but instead I followed my nervous laughter with a "no thank you, I'm getting my lunch to go and heading back to work, but thanks for the offer."

Once again, thank you for the compliment.

Hope you have a wonderful day, good luck with the Ladies!

Sincerely,
The flattered girl in line at Paradise Bakery

2 comments:

Silver Spoon Studio said...

Maybe if he offered you a sandwich he would've gotten a better response. A drink is only $2. A meal is $6.

Ladybug said...

HAHAHA... or a cookie! That would have won me over for sure! :)