
i currently have pneumonia... i have been trapped in the house coughing up a lung so my mom treated me to a movie.
he's just not that into you, what a lovely concept.
i remember a few years ago when my high school boyfriend B.P. & i broke up my step-dad bought me this book. i never read it. (i still haven't) i was and still am against "self-help" books... in my opinion it leads to a life of owning tons of cats. and that's just not the kind of life i look forward to...
anywho... so i saw the movie tonight. and it was fabulously girly chick flicky. i loved it. but i may say this... it lowers the value of marriage even more. i used to want to get married. i was well on my way to "happily ever after", or so i thought. but lately i have lost faith in marriage.
the list of "happily" married couples that i know is rather short:
1. my grandparents... my papa still calls my grammie "lover girl" & is not against PDA, including kisses on the back of her neck & spontaneous butt pinching.
2. the Gentry's.. who have overcome so much and shown me the true meaning of grace & forgiveness.
but this movie tonight honestly makes me reconsider marriage. i want children. i want 4 of them. but who's to say i can't pull an Angelina and adopt? haha i want to share my life with someone else, God tells us that we are meant to be in relationships... but i am honestly fearful of letting anyone in that close again. i am perfectly content dating without pressure of marriage & maybe eventually ill be one of the "exceptions" that finds true love. but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for it anymore, trying to force someone into that role I've dreamed up. if it is meant to happen it will. and if not. ill survive.
if you haven't seen the movie.. be warned SPOILER ALERT...
i cant stand cheating. i hate it! it is so glamorized by Hollywood. since when is cheating okay? it seems to be on EVERY TV show these days and in movies. one more reason to fear marriage. lies. deceit. cheating. lies. I'd rather skip it all and avoid that hurt from happening again.
so instead i am armoring myself with a thick shield of protection... dating with out getting too serious. just getting to know a guy without the pressure of a future. now i know what you're all thinking: "Brianna, you are the serious relationship type. you fall in love easily. you think of every relationship as having a future. you want to get married. you want that life."
well. you're right. i am a serial monogamist. i am known for being the relationship type. i do always rush into everything. i do act before thinking. so instead i have decided to take the advice of friends. i am going to "take things slowly" and just enjoy a relationship without the pressure of the future. i am 22. goodness sakes. i want to just live life & enjoy it... who says i have to have it all figured out now. i still have time. 38 is far way. ;)
so...I've decided to test the water this time, think before acting, and slow down. no more jumping in all the way. if i continue the way i used to be i might end up diving into the shallow end & getting hurt, so instead, ill be playing it safe. and I'm pretty darn excited about it!
3 comments:
Two things: I hated that movie so much I wanted to walk out. My friend had treated me otherwise I would have. It made women out to be pathetic and men assholes. Second: Before you take it slow ask yourself if it will edify your life or eventually break you down. Love you
1- The day that I need a movie to wake me up to this type of reality is the day I am pronounced mentally dead. And it might be the day I catch this flick. Sometimes I see women acting like they have zero common sense and it makes me sick. From the few previews I've seen, it's clear this movie would have me hurling in no time.
2- I know you don't like "self-help" books, but there is one that I think will change how you see things. It's called "Why Men Love Bitches." I wrote it and it's awesome. Actually, I didn't write it. I didn't read it either, but my cousin read it and it changed her whole view on relationships... for the better. I don't know... just a suggestion. Couldn't hurt.
That movie made me feel sick. The whole Jennifer Aniston/Ben Aflick situation reminded me so much of me and Bryan. We were together 5.5 years, and I never felt like he actually wanted to be in the relationship.
We split up, but I didn't get my proposal out of a pair of cargo pants.
Post a Comment